Primary Product Training
Type: Seminar with hands-on exercises
Goal: Gain a thorough understanding of LuciadLightspeed concepts and put this knowledge into practice to build high-performance geospatial situational awareness applications. Explore LuciadLightspeed’s GPU-accelerated functionality.
Certification: Certificate of participation LuciadLightspeed Primary
Target audience: Software developers and software architects
Prerequisites: As this training is for developers, basic operational Java knowledge is mandatory for optimal training efficiency and knowledge transfer. This includes Java syntax, object-oriented principles and specific terminology (e.g. inheritance, interfaces, abstract classes, inner classes...).
In addition, a basic knowledge about developing using Java Swing (JFrame, JPanel, Container, JToolbar, ActionsListeners…) is recommended. All development is done in a Java development environment. It is therefore recommended that you have basic experience with a Java IDE (e.g. IntelliJ, Eclipse...).
Duration: 3 days
Agenda: The trainer typically adapts the pace of the training to the needs of the trainees. The following is a standard agenda:
- Day 1:
- Introduction to the Luciad Portfolio
- LuciadLightspeed demo
- Setting up a development environment
- LuciadLightspeed basic concepts
- Creating a view (2D/3D)
- Decoding spatial data
- Configuring raster and vector layers
- Day 2:
- Spatial data models in LuciadLightspeed
- 2D and 3D visualization
- Adding support for custom data formats
- Using LuciadLightspeed's domain model framework
- Styling your data
- Day 3:
- Adding user interaction
- Selection on maps
- Creating and editing objects on the map
- Coordinate transformations
- Filtering objects
- Guidelines on obfuscation, logging, performance
This training can also be requested on demand, onsite, or offsite.