Standard Training - Agenda
Agenda: The trainer typically adapts the pace of the training to the needs of the trainees. The following is a standard agenda:
Section 1 - Installation and licensing process walkthrough
Section 2 - ERDAS Imagine Overview
- In this section you will learn the ERDAS Imagine architecture, Modules and high level main functionalities exposed.
Section 3 – Image Viewer
- In this section, student will use the Viewer to visualize various types of raster and vector data. The focus will be on displaying and manipulating raster data using the Viewer tools. This section will also look at other tools available in the ERDAS IMAGINE icon panel and how to customize your workspace by setting preferences. Students will set the ERDAS IMAGINE Desktop Preferences to customize their workspaces. They will also become familiar with the Viewer Toolbar and Menus while displaying various raster images.
Section 4 – Using Band Combinations and Indices
- In this section, students will become famililar with the advantages of using different
band combinations. Additionally students will look at some basic methods of Raster
Algebra using a near infra-red band and a red band to highlight vegetation differences.
Section 5 – Customizing IMAGINE interface
- Students will learn how to customize IMAGINE to improve usability. Customizable
options such as; My Workflow Tab, Layouts, Quick Bar Access, Smart Controls and
customizing the Ribbon will be demonstrated. IMAGINE can incorporate many tasks
which can include customized datasets. Students will learn how to customize the
IMAGINE interface to improve usability and in turn productivity.
Section 6– Subsetting an Image
- This section will introduce students to a multitude of approaches for subsetting. A
subset using an active AOI layer on screen will be used. The steps to create and
define shapefile attributes will also be covered. This will provide a starting point to lead
into subsetting by shapefile attributes using the MosaicPro Tool.
Section 7 – Unsupervised Classification
- Familiarize students with the different methods of unsupervised classification as well
as the postprocessing steps to categorize and recode different types of landcover.
Section 8 – Supervised Classification
- The student will first creates the class type inputs, which are used to ‘train’ the
classifier to recognize features with different spectral characteristics. They will learn
how to perform a supervised classification by collecting sets of pixels to define spectral
signatures. Then, evaluate the accuracy of those signatures and use them to classify
an entire image. This will produce a thematic image.
Section 9 – Spatial Modeler
- This section will introduce students to the ERDAS IMAGINE Spatial Modeler. To better
understand and improve upon your capabilities of producing your own spatial models,
this section will provide a solid starting point.
Section 10 – Change Detection
- This section will introduce students to the ERDAS IMAGINE change detectionprocess,
using visual changes identification tools and geoprocessing change detection
Section 11 – Photogrammetry and Point Cloud Processing
- This session will help you understand the different types of information stored in point
cloud data and to use the ERDAS IMAGINE viewers for visualizing this data. You will
apply ERDAS IMAGINE’s tools for extracting information from this data.
This training can also be requested on demand, onsite, or offsite.
Register for the ERDAS IMAGINE Training
|Registration for the Erdas Imagine Training course will open soon.|
|February 24-26, 2020|